Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cinthia-The Great Manager

Cinthia,a name which used by many girls in this world.(Cinthia Lim,Cinthia Khoo,Cinthia Binti Abdullah,Cinthia something something n etc...Hei,I really do know quiet some number of girls whose their name is CINTHIA)
Maybe the Cinthia you know is your grandma,your mum,your sisters,your aunty,your girlfriend,your ex-girlfriend,your female friends,or may be even your male friends......

Is this the Cinthia you know?or...
this...?(No offence,just found it accidentally when  I surfed through the net)
But,the Cinthia I'm talking about is an Indian lady who work as a manager in a fast food shop(MxD)near my hostel.
MANAGER,can any one tell me how a manager usually act and look like??
1)Wearing branded tie,coat,shoes/high heels?
2)Never smile in office,facial expression always look like a hungry tiger that looking for prey?
3)Sit in his/her room for whole day,while you work crazily outside and you don't even know what he/she is doing in room..perhaps he/she is playing psp?or gossiping through phone?
4)Push all the jobs to you,and keep all the praise for him/herself?
5)Ask you to work for OT,while he/she go back at 5pm or even earlier?
6)Appear in front of you once in a while to scold you(no matter what you have done),or may be giving vent to you??
Well,that's all I can think about,since I don't have much working experience.Can anyone give more examples??
P/S:Do the 2 pics beside describe the word 'Manager' well?
When I 1st stepped into the MxD near my hostel,I saw an Indian lady,carried a big smile on her face,walked around the shop,served customers,joked with children,talked with customers.And I kept wondering:Is there any new-design-job-specially-for-customer in MxD?
And few minutes later,I knew that I was wrong.She,is the Cinthia I'm talking about.Cinthia the Great Manager!!
She walked around the shop,asking customers:'Is the food good?'with a smile on her face.Taking a stack of booklet(which contains lot of discount coupons),gave them to customers and explained 1 customer by 1 about how to use those discount coupons.
What let me decide to write about her in this blog is because something I saw this morning when I was having my lunch alone in the shop again.
Today morning,I went to MxD for lunch alone.After getting my food from the counter,I choose a corner and sat down to enjoy my lunch.And,Cinthia was sitting near,talking with a customer(with the customer's 2 children running around the shop).While talking,she keep on reminding those kids:'Guys,it's danger,don't run out,k?'
She even play and joked with those kids once in a while.
And guess what?Before the 2 kids left the shop,they stepped forward and gave her a hug.Well,this scene really touched(for me).We,as a customer/consumer/workers,always want to have this kind of great manager right?
So,to managers,please at least smile more and may be joke more.And I believe,by this,everyone will like you more and work harder.Doesn't this is a kind of win-win situation?
Smile more^^
P/S:Thanks to those web site which I get these photo from.Credits go to them!

No comments: